.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

life in...New England...

Today I was looking out the window in our living room.  and there it was.  staring me down.
and there I was... wanting to fight it with everything I have...

but it won't help...

Nothing I can do will stop this...



Here is it.  The end of Summer.

We had so much fun this Summer.

We played.  HARD.

There were things we wanted to do...that we didn't manage to fit in...

but there were so many things we did do.. 

so many really wonderful things.

There is this thing about Summer.

This thing that Summer does to me...

It makes me feel SO alive.

Living in New England Summer's go by so fast...and Winter lasts so long...

So very long without the feeling the warmth of the sun on your skin...

without feeling the grass on your bare feet...

without shorts and tank tops...

Summer is what gets us through the long long winters here...

and this Summer was nothing short of amazing.

We spent tons of time at our very favorite place....

the BEACH.

We spent tons of time with some of our favorite people...


The reality that another summer is over.

gone.

Although I plan on making the most of this winter...

I have to say...

I am already counting down the days...

to this....



and this...




When the snow is literally feet high... 

I am going to think of this..



and this...


and a little bit of this...


When the sun doesn't shine for days...
and it's to cold to even the house...
I will think of this...


and it will warm my heart...
because these girls are
the
sunshine of my life.












3 comments:

JustineL said...

You're on a roll with these posts- and I'm loving it.
I adore summer & have a love affair with the beach that has been the greatest relationship of my life...but fall....fall is becoming a contender. Apple picking...pumpkins...halloween...it's all growing on me.

There's nothing like a New England summer..or a New England fall. But winter? You can keep all that stupid snow!

Jen said...

They are "fragment" blogs I am FINALLY finishing! All half done...just sitting there waiting for me! <3 you!

wishinstarbaby said...

jen... i love fall, you know this. sweatshirts and flipflops, pumpkins... apples... halloween... all things that i love. but i hear ya... winta is comin and this lil lady not a fan my friend.. not a fan.