.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sunday Snapshot {Leary Family Snow Day!}



Ni Hao Yall





Way up here...
in good Ole New England...
we've been getting dumped on...
by lots and lots of white stuff...
This my friends...
is what New Hampshire looks like..




Snow days are becoming the norm around here...

and to be honest...
this Mom, gets a little more excited about them than her kiddies do.

Snow days mean FUN.

So what do we do around here on days like this...

We bake...




and we I do mani pedis...







and SLEDDING...

seriously...
How fun does this look???













It's days like today..
days when I leave the dishes in the sink...
and the laundry in the dryer....
and we ALL go play...TOGETHER...
These are the days I want to tuck away...
so I can bring them out whenever I want them...
These are the days I hope my children remember when they look back on their childhood...
These are the smiles that fill my heart...
These are the people that have comleted my life..
and made it whole...
and...
 although the bills are due...
and the house is a mess..
and there are 100 other things we should be doing...
 
nothing is as important as this.







and yes...
I did make it down the hill a few times myself...
and for someone who HATES the cold and snow..
I have to admit...it was really fun!








10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful snow day! Every good thing all packed up into a few hours : ) LOVE it! Kaish had 2 days off this week for ice. He loved it and told me he wished to have off every day for the rest of Winter! Then I told him he would have to go every day all Summer and he changed his tune! : )
Your snow sure is beautiful. Have a great week Jen! Love, Becky

Anonymous said...

Jen LOL I love that picture of you going down the sled!!!! I loved all the pics..you always say it best when it comes to family.....love you

Tina Michelle said...

Such great pics! That looks like so much fun, totally love it!

Kristi said...

I smiled as I read how you "let it all go" and embrace life on snow days!
Thanks for the reminder that dishes and laundry will wait, but moments like these will slip away...

Monica said...

Great to take the time from all the "should" dos to spend time with the ones you love! Nice photos, too.

3 Countries 1 Love said...

Looks like you all had fun....but I must say that you can keep all that snow!! I'm ready for summer!

Sennie said...

We certainly have gotten a lot of snow this year here in New England!! Here from Sunday Snapshot.

Cindy M said...

My kind of day! I love snow days myself!!

Rebekah said...

What special memories for your family to remember!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Your girls have AMAZING eyes!!! Beautiful!

And I'd like a cookie, please!