.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mr. Leary and I.

As most of you know... I was lucky enough to go to Hawaii this April.  Ryan was sent there for work. If I wanted to go... I had to come up with the air fare.. That was it.  There were probably a 100 million other things we could have done with that money...paid a bill... put it away for school shopping...fixed something on the house.

but would I EVER get this chance again?

I mean we are talking about HAWAII....


So I gave in...and went.

It wasn't easy mind you... I had to find people to watch the kids...and the dogs...

but between some pretty terrific friends and my Mom...we worked it out.

I was on my way....

to paradise!


I was so looking forward to so much...

It must sound strange...but I was excited to being
just me.
not a Mom, or a daughter, or an employer, or a sister, or a friend.

just me.

I had the pleasure of meeting up with an old friend who lives there.  Literally a block away from where we were staying.  It was so nice to have someone to show me around.  It was nice to see her...and boy did we have a blast!

(a HUGE thank you to you Brandi...you made my trip extra special!)

Ryan worked nights while I was there...and we tried to fit something in every day before he took off for work...after I dragged got him out of bed!


it was amazing. it was perfect. 

I spent many a morning here.  On Waikiki Beach.  

By myself.
and I didn't have to drag all the beach gear I usually have to carry.

My towel and a beach bag.
that was it.

Other days were spent snorkeling...
with my handsome husband...
all to myself.


One of the reasons I love this man.



This incredible man...

Is because he is the best father I know.
He some how manages to have two jobs...take care of the dogs..and....the 100 things around the house...
and make time for his daughters.

There doesn't always seem to be enough of him to go around...

but here.



Here...he was ALL mine.
and it was great!

We got to be us again....
Not Mommy and Daddy...

but Jen and Ryan...


It was so good for us to get back to each other..
We forgot about the responsibility..
the bills...
who needed to be driven where...
who was having a sleepover where...

it was good for us.

How can a place like this...

 
Not be good for your soul...



a place like this helps to rejuvenate you...

so that you can come home...
to all the people you love...
to all of the people who love you right back...
to the ones who matter...
and be
a BETTER...
Mother...
Daughter...
Sister...
Friend...
Wife...

because when it is all said and done...
this is beautiful...


but it doesn't hold a candle to
THIS....


XOXO










No comments: