.

Monday, June 13, 2011

7/365 Flowers.yuck.

In 2006, when we bought our house, we had all kinds of big plans.

The first thing I did when we received the keys was walk into the master bedroom...
and rip down the wallpaper.

It was horrible.

See this boarder...



It was an ENTIRE wall...
a 25 foot wall of these flowers...


seriously. 

It was bad.

Well...

what was underneath it was worse.

There was wallpaper under wallpaper...
and under the wallpaper was vinyl wallpaper.

It looks like this...





We tried to get the wallpaper backing off...
We tried it all.
A steamer.
Wallpaper remover.
Scrapers.
Fabric Softener.

We researched it.

NOTHING, worked.

I we finally decided we would just have to re-sheet rock the entire wall.

Yeah.  That was almost 5 years ago.

And it hasn't quite happened yet.

Other things have.

The girls bedrooms are finished.
The upstairs bathroom is never ever going to be finished almost done.

While I wait...
I decided to "wallpaper" myself.

and this is what it looks like now...
this I can live with until it's really done..


















My babies art work.

Beautiful isn't it.

I have to say...

I can't wait for a nice new wall.

One without flowers...

but until then...

This...

well...It's pretty great.






No comments: