.

Monday, June 13, 2011

{8/365} My how things have changed

At the beginning of the year.
Before school started, I was a little worried.
My Reagie Roo had always come to work with me.
If she slept in...I just brought her into work in her jammies and got her dressed when we got there.

I didn't really worry about her morning routine very much.

Before she started Kindergarten...I started thinking about what I could do to help her get into a routine...

This is what I came up with.



Yeah, I know, it's a pretty simple concept.
But, I have to say...it worked.
Like REALLY REALLY well.

It was actually really cute. 
For the first few months of school...
she would run out and see "what she had to do next!"


She knew from day one what was expected of her.
and...
she did it..







and then all of the sudden about half way through the year...
I noticed she wasn't looking at it nearly as much as she had been...
and now.

It's the end of the year...

and in just a few days...

she won't be a kindergartner anymore...

and she isn't using her "chart" anymore..
because she knows what to do without it...
and she does it.

We've even added to it..

She makes her bed before she comes downstairs now.

Now...
We have to wait and see if she still has the hang of it after a whole Summer off...
and...
if we can get her teenage sister to make her bed before she goes to school...

Than I'll really feel like I accomplished something!






No comments: