.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Snapshot {I am so ready for summer!} 4/365

Come play at


Sunday Snapshot



Yesterday was just the beginning...

Of things to come...

You see, here in New England, I think we appreciate Summer just a little more.

Because it's so short.  Like three months tops.  We have to steal a little bit of spring and fall and pretend like it's summer....that's how fast it goes by.

And when the sun finally decided to show itself around here...
We can't help but want to be in it.
To soak it up....
To store it up...

Because we know...
It won't be here long...

and as I get older I am pretty sure the winters get longer...
while the summers get shorter...

So yesterday...
My nephew came home...
From Iraq.



Not for good.

Yet.

It was wonderful to see him...
and know he is okay.



We are always looking for a good reason to get together...
and this was one hell of a reason!

Cause a cook-out at Shirley's is one hell of a way to start of the summer...
Especially when you get so see people like this...


Or glimpses of teenagers before they head off to be with their friends...


There is nothing like a red and white check table cloth to make it feel like a cook-out is there?


But really it's all about the family.
And spending time with them...
There's nothing better than the remember when game...
You know the one...
Remember when we did this...
Remember when we did that...
and it's even better because...
and I've been around long enough to be able to play along...



Boy do I love me some Summer!




1 comment:

Chris said...

I so get where you are coming from.

We live in northern Wisconsin...so, yeah, we get about three months of summer as well.

Gotta soak up the sun when you can!

And enjoy all the fun summery moments!

:)